• Ce sujet contient 0 réponse, 1 participant et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Jake Chambers, le il y a 3 années et 3 mois.
Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Jake Chambers
    Invité

Humor in Uniform
    by Reader’s Digest Association

Humor in Uniform • READ MORE

• Release date: May 1, 2008
    • Format: paperback, 224 pages
    • Genres: humor
    • ISBN: 9780762109296 (0762109297)
    • Author: Reader’s Digest Association
    • Publisher: Reader’s Digest
    • Language: english

About The Book

This side-splitting collection of humor delivers hundreds of the best jokes, anecdotes, cartoons, quotes, and stories from men and women in the armed forces or their families proving that life is often funnier than fiction.

If laughter is the best medicine, then look no further to cure whatever ails you. The column “Offbase,” formally known as “Humor in Uniform,” has appeared in the Reader’s Digest magazine for over half a century, and has published more than 3,500 jokes, quotes, and funny stories from the more than a million readers who have submitted them. This volume — from the world’s #1 source of humor — contains laugh-out-loud gems from one of Reader’s Digest’s most popular columns.

This side-splitting collection of humor delivers hundreds of the best jokes, anecdotes, cartoons, quotes, and stories from men and women in the armed forces or their families proving that life is often funnier than fiction. Such as:

·         From a Family Member: My son regaled me with stories about how they do things in the modern Air Force. Being an old Air Force man myself, I scoffed at their complicated methods. “That’s not the way we did it when I was in the service,” I said. “Yeah,” he shot back. “But when you were in, there were only two pilots, Wilbur and Orville”      

— Ted Shirley

·         From an Army Soldier: Our Army Unit was overseas conducting maneuvers with the Marines. On shift one night, a Marine asked my sergeant where he was from. “I’m originally from Central America,” said the sergeant. “Oh, yeah?” asked the Marine. “Kansas?”

— David Denbek

·         From Iraq: At the end of a tough day in Iraq, my daughter, the airman, collapsed onto the first seat in the transport truck, forcing everyone else to climb over her. “Private!” hollered the sergeant, “Skinny girls get in the back so when we men get on with our weapons and equipment, we don’t have to climb over you. Have I made myself clear?” Suddenly my daughter perked up, “Do you really think I’m skinny?”

—    Margaret Culbertson

·         About the Military: A soldier stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas, actually got a letter addressed to “Fort Ignorance.” “How did you know where to deliver it?” she asked the mailman. “We were stumped at first,” he admitted. “But then I remembered, ignorance is bliss.”

— William De Graf

For yourself, a friend, or family member — what could be better than the gift of laughter?

FictionBook Humor in Uniform by Reader’s Digest Association PocketBook on Audible. Hardback book Humor in Uniform buy. PDF ebook Humor in Uniform Reader’s Digest Association download for Android on Kobo. MP3 ebook Humor in Uniform read online.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
Répondre à : (Audiobook) Humor in Uniform by Reader's Digest Association — 9780762109296
Vos informations :