• Ce sujet contient 0 réponse, 1 participant et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Carol Chassner, le il y a 3 années et 4 mois.
Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Carol Chassner
    Invité

Joody
    by Kathleen K.

Joody | Read More

• Release date: April 22, 2011
    • ISBN: 9781456336554 (145633655X)
    • Format: paperback, 118 pages
    • Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
    • Language: english
    • Author: Kathleen K.

About The Book

Family in Crisis — Sisters in Conflict

Intertwining stories chronicle the life and misspent times of a negligent mother… a careless narcissist who leaves a path of emotional destruction behind her.

Yet for a potentially heavy subject, the book has a peculiar lightness…

— by Kirkus Reviews Mar 2013

FOUR VIEWS OF JOODY

It’s Not About Me (Janet)

Second Chance for Me (Brent)

Me at the Core (Bryce)

They Are Made of Me (Joody)

These stories form a case study in Post Dramatic Stress Disorder. Joody is a neglectful mom whose lacka­daisical care of her three kids is bolstered by the love and loyalty of our first narrator, Aunt Jan. Janet sets the scene of a multi-fathered sibling group adrift in her sister Joody’s me-me universe; they’re not in danger, exactly, but there are gaps and lapses.

Joody’s fourth pregnancy shatters any pretense all is well. She self-medicates with pot and alcohol; she’s allergic to responsibility. Moody, self absorbed, careless. Drama leading to stress. Her drama. Your stress.

Brent is the first of the absent dads, unaware he even had a kid until this crisis pulls him into view. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Joody, he liked her too much. Then Bryce, their son, shares a young teen perspective on life with Joody, shepherd to his little sisters, leery of this new Dad but wondering if he could be worse than his mom.

Finally, Joody explains what happens when a free spirit is held down by circumstance (kids). She never begrudged giving birth to them, they were her audience for life. The day to day maintenance was more Janet’s thing. Win win.

Joody and Janet have a talk

“Joody, let’s talk about birth control again. You said you’d think about it before we saw the social worker.”

“Everybody wants me to get my tubes tied.”

“Everybody is one social worker explaining your options and, yes, I think she does believe it would be the best decision. Ask yourself if you want more kids. It’s not about sex, it’s about kids.”

“I do hear you when you talk, you know. I get it, the surgery would be the easiest and most reliable. But, Janet, excuse me. I don’t want to grow a mustache!”

“Why would you grow a mustache?”

“Because my hormones would be all messed up.”

“Joody, your hormones won’t change at all, you just cut the pipe between your eggs and your uterus. Everything else is the same. Same monthly cycle. You’re thinking of what happens if you lose your ovaries, and we’re not talking about that.”

“We’re not?”

“No, we’re not. We’re talking about snipping two egg-chutes.”

“Does it hurt?”

“I’m quite sure it’s less painful than giving birth.”

“As if you’d know.”

ISBN 145633655X

EAN13: 9781456336554

BISAC: Fiction/Family Life

FB2 ebook Joody read iPhone. Hardcover book Joody Kathleen K. on Bookshop. MOBI Joody by Kathleen K. buy cheap for Mac on Kobo. Hardback Joody download.

TXT book Joody by Kathleen K. read online on iPad on Book Depository. FictionBook ebook Joody. Online Joody download on Audible. MP3 ebook Joody Kathleen K. buy for Android.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
Répondre à : Joody — PDF download — 9781456336554
Vos informations :