• Ce sujet contient 0 réponse, 1 participant et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Jules Thomas, le il y a 3 années et 4 mois.
Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Jules Thomas
    Invité

On Turning Sixty-Five
    Notes from the Field

by John Jerome

On Turning Sixty-Five — Click Here

• Release date: June 6, 2000
    • Author: John Jerome
    • ISBN: 9780375500565 (0375500561)
    • Publisher: Random House
    • Format: hardcover, 272 pages
    • Language: english

About The Book

« Personally, I’ve got a lot invested in reaching my stunning current age, and I’m damned if I’m going to hang on to that youthful crap. (I liked the idea of being a sixty-year-old so much I started claiming that age before I turned fifty-nine.) Parts of it, I don’t like — the loss of energy that seems its inevitable accompaniment, for example — but when I consider how I used to boil that energy away as a younger man, and the things I boiled it away on, I am happy to accept a shorter tether and a more reflective way of going at things. »

John Jerome, author of such beloved books as Truck and Stone Work, entered his sixty-fifth year with a number of goals in mind: to battle the debilities of age, to master them through understanding when he could not physically defeat them, and to keep a journal of these efforts. As he puts it, « It was time to start planning an endgame. »

The result is a warm, compassionate, and honest look at the twelve months that led him to the gateway of old age — a survey of this time of life which ranges from strict physiology to expansive philosophy, from delicate neurosurgery to rough weather on a Canadian canoeing trip, from the despair and isolation of illness to the love and comfort of a sound marriage. The writing, in its clarity, grace, and humor, matches its author’s spirit. « The quality of our lives depends on the quality of our time, » Jerome reminds us. Reading this wise and funny chronicle of one man’s — and everyman’s — journey toward citizenship, senior division, will be time well spent, for young and old alike. It is that rare kind of book which comes to life as a companion, and even a friend.

FB2 On Turning Sixty-Five by John Jerome buy. EPUB ebook On Turning Sixty-Five download on PC on Walmart. FictionBook book On Turning Sixty-Five read. Online book On Turning Sixty-Five John Jerome Mac on Audible. Hardcover On Turning Sixty-Five buy cheap.

PDF ebook On Turning Sixty-Five John Jerome download for reader on Bookshop. Hardback book On Turning Sixty-Five by John Jerome. TXT On Turning Sixty-Five read online for Kindle on Kobo. Paperback ebook On Turning Sixty-Five download on Books-a-Million. MOBI ebook On Turning Sixty-Five John Jerome PocketBook.

MP3 On Turning Sixty-Five by John Jerome read online on Android on Powells. TXT book On Turning Sixty-Five buy. MP3 On Turning Sixty-Five download on iPhone on Barnes & Noble. Paperback book On Turning Sixty-Five by John Jerome. MOBI ebook On Turning Sixty-Five John Jerome read.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
Répondre à : (MOBI) On Turning Sixty-Five — 9780375500565
Vos informations :